Congratulations to Sammi Hoffman ’22 and Jah’mal Hutsell ’22 on being named our Student-Athletes of the Month for April 2021!
Sammi Hoffman ’22 – Sammi has had a great start to her junior softball season as she currently leads the team in; hits (24), RBIs (17), BA (.615) and OBP (.659). Her .615 BA ranks 5th highest in the GCL Coed! Hoffman is also a member of the girls varsity volleyball and basketball teams! She maintain a 3.65 GPA all while being a triple sport athlete! On April 16th, she went 6-6 with 1HR, 4 runs and 4 RBIs in a 23-14 W over Carroll where the softball team entered the OHSAA record books with 34 total team hits which tied for 4th most all time in one game.
Jah’mal Hutsell ’22 – Jah’mal has been the top performer on the boys side of our Track and Field team this Spring! Hutsell has placed in the top 3 in the following meets:
- Madeira Invite = 2nd place – 100m dash | 3rd place – long jump
- New Richmond Invite = 1st place – 4x100m relay | 2nd place – long jump
- Lakota West Invite = 2nd place – 100m dash | 3rd place – long jump | 3rd place – 4x100m relay
- Lakota East Invite = 3rd place – 100m dash
- Taylor Invite = 1st place – 100m dash | 1st place – long jump
Jah’mal was also a key contributor on our football team this past fall that won their first ever regional championship.